Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Amy

It's kinda bittersweet to be writing this cause Amy Winehouse is no longer with us. It's sad that I won't be able to get new music from my favorite female singer of all time, but she has left some of the best music I've ever heard. The first time I heard Amy was on You Know I'm No Good and the song had to grow on me at first but when it did, I wanted to listen to more of her. Her debut album played over and over again when I first got it. My favorite song by Amy is Addicted, but I love every song I've ever heard her on. Cupid and Valerie are 2 of my favorite songs to sing by her. Her voice is so soulful and powerful at the same time and her music is real life. Every time I listen to Amy, I go to a place only she can take me. Her music has helped me through every break-up and it cheers me up when I'm sad or upset. I have no doubt that she would have went on to be one of the greatest artists to ever live, that's what she is to me but I never got a chance to see her live :-(. I also wanted you all to see Bruno Mars singing Valerie in remembrance of Amy.....made me cry a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment